Welcome to Janathi Message

Ask The Imam Question and Answer

1035 My wife has applied for Khullah. I had gifted her a hospital and a car, what will be my gifts return after Khullah?
Dissolving marriage contract (Nikaah) in return for wealth, property etc is called Khullah. Acceptance by the wife is a precondition to it. Words of obtaining Khullah are determined. Khullah will not occur by other words than the determined ones.

After accomplishment of Khullah, revocable divorce (Talaaq Baa-in) will occur and Nikaah will stand dissolved. The woman shall be required to pay the agreed amount of wealth, property. (Ammah Kutab)

(Reference taken from Sunni Bahishtee Zewar, by Muftee Muhammed Khaleel Khan Qaadiree, P516-517)

(Answered by: Hafiz Mohammed Akhtar)
Category (Marriage / Divorce)