Welcome to Janathi Message

Ask The Imam Question and Answer

1125 What shall I do? There's this man and he looks like he's in his mid 20s. Every day after uni he is standing outside and always looking at me. I never used to wear a scarf and wear tight clothing but since I realised this man he always follows, I started to cover up.

I was on my way home and he came up to me and said take off your scarf and pulled me behind the bush and called one of his friends. He came and they dragged me into the car and took me to a hotel and forced me to take my clothes off and raped me!
It is absolutely imperative that you inform the people closest to you immediately and not keep this incident to yourself. Do not allow the feeling of self pity and regret to develop. It is important that you understand that a violation has been breached towards you (a heinous crime has been committed) and in no way should you blame yourself or try to justify this act in anyway.

We would advise you to go to the local hospital accompanied by a family member/ friend for treatment. At the hospital all the necessary help will be available to you, with confidentiality. It is important that you report the assault at the earliest opportunity. An early response may result in the culprits being caught before they can attack further.

If the rape took place some time ago and you have just come to terms with it, then you need to contact / seek advice from the local Police Station and/ or local Masjid (contacting with a qualified Alim (expert in Shariah Law)), who will be able to provide a confidential counseling service.

May Allah (S.W.T) give you the strength, willpower and sabr (patience) to come to terms with such an ordeal and bring the offenders to justice. (Ameen)

(Answered by: Hafiz Mohammed Akhtar)
Category (Women)